Do you or anyone else in your family suffer with sinus pressure? In our home my husband and daughter suffer with it all year round. I don’t like when they take over the counter medicines to often. I finally decided to research some ways to relieve the pressure and since the summer heat is horrible on our sinuses I thought this would be the perfect time to share these tips and tricks with you!
1. Sleep on several pillows at night to elevate your head. This position will help open your sinus passages to allow you to breathe better.
2. Hydrate your body. The more liquids you have in your body, the more moisture your system will have overall. Some teas, like chamomile, also act as natural decongestants.
3. Keep the air moist by using a humidifier. Dry air can irritate sinuses and cause them to swell.
4. Apply a warm moist washcloth to your face several times a day. This can help open up your sinuses.
5. Clean your carpets and upholstery. Carpets and upholstery lock in dust mites and allergens that cause the sinuses to swell when breathed in.
To help get rid of all of those dust mites and allergens make sure to call Complete Care Systems. Tune in next week for more tips and tricks on keeping your home happy and healthy.