Did you know, that if not maintained regularly and properly, your ceramic tile grout can develop mold and mildew. Many of the most common areas where this can occur include:
- Kitchen floors
- Back splashes
- Bathrooms, especially around toilets, sinks, showers and bathtubs
- Entryways – look for sliding glass door leaks
- Basically anywhere that harbors excess moisture
Grout is very porous and can easily trap soil, stains, mold and mildew. Here are some mixtures and solutions you can use to help prevent mold and mildew growth and keep your tile and grout its cleanest.
- Treat tiled areas with a homemade cleaning paste
- Combine baking soda and water until it forms a paste
- Spread onto the grout
- Allow the mixture to set for several minutes
- Rinse with clean water and dry with towels
Clean mold and mildew growth with this solution made from household cleaners:
- You will need a spray bottle
- Fill half the bottle with hydrogen peroxide
- Fill the remaining half with water
- Spray solution onto the stained grout
- Let solution set for 15 minutes
- Rinse with water and then dry
- For stubborn stains, consider adding baking soda to the mixture
- Once the bubbling reaction stops, apply the solution to the grout
- Scrub with a brush, rinse clean and dry
If these solutions cannot banish the mold and mildew, it’s time to call a professional! Complete Care Systems Tile Cleaning and Grout Cleaning process uses a specialized cleaning solution, and vacuum power to remove the dirt that homeowners can’t. We complete the job with a high-pressure rinse.
After cleaning your tile and grout, our professional technicians will apply a penetrating sealer to protect grout against mildew and staining for up to two years.
We can also change the color of your grout. With no mess and no dust we can change the look of your tile floor by changing the color of your grout. Call us for a free estimate.
Curious about how we can help you have the best looking hardwood floors? Give us a call and we will give you a FREE quote. Call us today: 727-364-5158 or learn more on our website: www.CompleteCareSystems.com