Now that Halloween is over, holiday events will begin to heat up. The question is, “will your home be holiday/guest ready?” There are some things you can do to get your home in tip-top shape before holiday guests start arriving. Our Holiday Countdown guide will help you ensure your home puts its best “Holiday Foot” forward.
4 Weeks Before Guests Arrive
There are some things you can do to prepare your home in advance for holiday company. Start preparing your home by decluttering. Begin going through closets and drawers, removing things you no longer need to make room for holiday company. Pro Tip: Pull out 2 boxes. Mark one box “Trash” and the other “Donate”. As you move from room to room, clearing space, put items in the appropriate boxes.
3 Weeks Before Guests Arrive
- Take an inventory of how your carpets, tile, and upholstery are looking.
- Make note of the rooms and high traffic areas that need cleaning attention.
- Once you have a list of rooms ready to be cleaned, contact Complete Care Systems to schedule your deep clean (727) 364-5158. Together we will pick the most “strategic” time to get your home deep cleaned before company arrives.
2 Weeks Before Guests Arrive
- Start preparing the rooms where guests will stay.
- Launder bed linens,
- Dust the room
- Freshen pillows
- Provide hangers in closets
- Restock tissues, toilet paper, etc.
- Deep clean the kitchen by cleaning the oven, refrigerator, toaster, and other small appliances that will be in use during their stay
- Change the air filters in your home
Guest Arrival Week:
- Launder pet bedding
- Refresh toilet paper, put out clean towels and washcloths
- Stock the kitchen with your guest’s favorite beverages and snacks
- Place doormats or throw rugs on either side of entryways to keep dirt and debris from being tracked in your home
- Clean toilets, showers, vacuum floors, and upholstery one last time on the day company arrives
- Enjoy your company and create lots of fun memories together!